CALPIA Frequently Asked Questions
1) The PIA lab accepts jobs for both fee-for-service (straight) Medi-Cal and managed care Medi-Cal beneficiaries. What are the requirements for getting a PIA account?
2) How do I update my address information on the PIA Optical website?
3) When we entered the prescription for a patient, we get the following message: “parameter(s) requested exceeded the range of what can be fabricated at PIA…” What do we do?
4) The patient’s eyeglass order was rejected because of Other Health Coverage (OHC). What does this mean?
5) The patient’s eyeglass order was rejected because of remaining Share of Cost (SOC). What does this mean?
6) What is the criteria for ordering polycarbonate lenses for patients 18 yrs. and older?
7) Who to contact regarding Medi-Cal billing questions?
8) Are there limits to the number of eyeglasses covered?
9) Who is eligible for CalPIA eyeglasses lens services?
10) Why are orders from San Mateo, San Luis Obispo, and Santa Barbara Counties not allowed?
11) How to get shipping labels for sending orders to the lab?
12) How to place a REDO order with the lab?